Data and privacy policies
Finchley Symphony Orchestra (FSO) holds personal data for members, other players who join us from time to time, people who purchase tickets online, patrons and people who have requested to join our mailing list in order to:
- communicate with members and other players
- manage attendance at rehearsals
- collect subscriptions from members
- communicate with and promote our concerts to our patrons and those on our mailing list
- process online ticket sales
We collect the minimum amount of data required for our purposes and we do not hold sensitive personal information, such as date of birth, bank details or credit card details. FSO will not use data collected for one purpose (such as an email address, required in order to buy a ticket) for another purpose (such as the regular newsletter) without your explicit consent.
In certain circumstances, described below, we do share limited data with other organisations. FSO does not share data with any other third parties and will not do so in the future without your explicit consent.
On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was introduced to give people more rights concerning their personal data held or used by organisations. In accordance with these new regulations, FSO will not hold any person’s data unless they have specifically agreed that we do so. If you wish your details to be amended or removed from our systems, you may ask us to do so at any time, by email email@example.com or in writing to Finchley Symphony Orchestra, 40 Prospect Road, Barnet, Herts EN5 5AD and we will take the necessary action promptly. If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, please email us and we will return a copy of the data to you.
We hold the following information about our patrons, all of which is shared with our affiliated organisation, Finchley Chamber Choir (FCC). This information is not shared with anyone else and is deleted once a person ceases to be a patron.
- Full name
- Whether the person is a joint patron with another person
- Postal address
- Email address
People on our mailing list
We only hold the email addresses of people who have requested to be kept informed about FSO’s activities. This information is shared with FCC and is retained until we receive a request for its deletion.
Members and Guest Players
We hold the following information about our members and people who play with us from time to time, if they have given us permission to do so. This information will be deleted on request or when we no longer require it.
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Information about rehearsal attendance
- The personal information we require to claim Gift Aid, if it has been provided to us.
- Consent to receive information about FSO events (yes/no)
- Consent to receive emails about other concerts and playing opportunities (yes/no)
When you purchase tickets using our website, your card number, sort code and security code are transmitted securely directly to our payment processor (Braintree) – they are never seen by our server and are not stored.
The email address and name used to reserve your tickets are not sent to Braintree, but are stored on our server to track your reservation.
When you purchase tickets using FSO’s website for concerts by our affiliated organisation Finchley Chamber Choir (FCC) or concerts shared with FCC, FSO provides your contact details (name and email address) to FCC so that they can manage the booking/purchase.
Tickets and refund policy
This policy applies to all tickets bought through the www.finchleysymphony.org website, including those bought for:
- FSO only events
- Finchley Chamber Choir (FCC) only events
- joint FSO – FCC events
- Tickets purchased are non-refundable.
- Tickets are transferable; you may give them to others if you do not wish to use them yourself.
- Tickets are not sent out to you by post but are electronically recorded.
- Please give the name of the purchaser to the person on the door when you arrive at the concert to collect your tickets.
Tickets are not for specific seats.
The organisers reserve the right to reserve some seats in the hall prior to the start of the performance. If they do, these will be clearly marked in the concert hall when the doors open before the concert begins. Otherwise your ticket is valid for any of the hall audience seats on a first-come first-served basis.
- To monitor website usage to help us improve it. It uses Google Analytics for this purpose.
- To help improve your experience when using the site.
- To help keep the site secure.
- To hide the cookies message!
We have no way of selectively disabling cookies, and so if you do not want them to be used at all, then you should not use the site. However, you should get decent privacy by using the private mode that most browsers provide these days without having to resort to that.